Sunday, February 28, 2010

St. Mary's Hosts the Winter Olympics


This past monday, in our most recent lab I was fortunate enough to be a part of a miniature winter olympics for the students at St. Mary's. The students participated in Olympic themed activities set up by my peers and I of SUNY Cortland. Throughout the lab the students motor skills were observed, from running, hopping to galloping. I noticed, as I'm sure my classmates did to, that the students were able to perform the task but not to it's highest ability. The students struggled at sometimes and were not able to fulfill all of the performance criteria. Critical elements were overlooked and the students certainly need some guidance to perform the task to its proper standards. In addition, although I was not able to get a chance to teach an activity to the students I did learn a few tricks. Music is extremely helpful to an activity, pumping up the students and what not. Also I learned not to ask questions I don't want the answer to, for example, Who wants to play this game? I should not give the students an option, simply act the right way and the students will surely play. I will take this thoughts to heart for the next lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment