Monday, November 8, 2010

Who knew teaching Kabaddi could be so much fun?


When Professor Yang instructed to the class that we will have to be teaching an international sport, admittedly so, I was nervous. Next, when my partner Greg and I decided to teach Kabaddi, the national sport of India and Bangladesh, yes I was very nervous. I was not sure if I would be able to learn a sport quickly, and well enough to teach it to a group of my peers. Nonetheless, I was up to the challenge and I did pretty well I think. It is very hard to squeeze so much information into such a short period of time but I did my best. I was able to include the native language of Bangladesh, that is Bengali, having the students counting from 1-10 in Bengali. Thus, I was able to get plenty of the culture into the lesson and it felt accomplishing to teach through the physical. I found it difficult to give feedback to my students, but I did the best I could, which truthfully was not all that spectacular. The skills I taught in Kabaddi were so simple that it was tough to give feedback because all of the students excelled in them. However, one can argue that I can simply give positive feedback to the students, so that is definitely an area I need to work on. Ultimately, I am really liking the way I am progessing as a teacher. Below are links to all of Kabaddi documents.

No comments:

Post a Comment