Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My First Teaching Experience, Edu 255

A week ago, in the first day of class in Professor Yang's Edu 255, the class was asked to come up with a 3-4 min lesson on any basic fundamental skill. With no preparation my peers and I had to do our best with what we had. Below is a video of my lesson plan. I felt there are both pros and cons of my video. I was strong with my demonstration ability but there were some flaws with my presentation. Firstly, I can hardly here myself speak, whether it was poor video quality or what have you, clearly I need to speak up and expand my voice. Secondly, my introduction was sub par, I did not have instant activity to grab the student's attention, instead they were standing still, probably bored. Those are just two qualities of my teaching that I need work on, I look forward to expanding my abilities as the semester continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment