Sunday, September 19, 2010

Teaching, Take Two


Given another opportunity to teach I was not going to take it for granted. It was certainly better than my first teaching experience but there is still much I need to work on. I liked how I demonstrated, explained it again, broke it down into parts, and demonstrated it again, better known as D.E.A.D. (Demonstrate, Explain Again Demonstrate). In addition, to demonstrating, I explained a common mistake when swinging a baseball bat, which I feel definitely helps students when beginning to learn to swing a bat. Along with my strong points there were things I need to improve. I really must start to literally yell, it is better than the first lab, but with all the background noise and distractions I must begin talking louder. Also, my body language suggests I am not comfortable, I'm nervous and I don't have the presence I should have. I'm sure with time that would change. Lastly, I cannot blog without addressing the Greg-Jen mishap, it was pretty embarassing but I can laugh about it now. Honestly, I have known Jen for almost three years now, I know her name, it was just one of those things that happens. I was looking at Greg, it seemed like he was going to say something, answer my question, and then Jen caught me off guard. It won't happen again though.


No comments:

Post a Comment